Shots that make you feel Alone

I don't disagree with you. I can post post food pictures in the people forum because it makes people feel hungry :p

Perhaps this needs to be addressed again. Give it some time for us to figure this out.

That just doesn't make any sense to me because there are no people in the photos, despite being able to make a photo feel "lonely" while still including people in it. There's no point at all to categorizing any of the forums at all in this case.
Well, there's no forum called "Images That Don't Fit Anywhere." Some photos that suggest solitude are clearly urban (they could even be indoors, although I don't recall that any in this thread are), and some are clearly rural. Some include a person, some don't. What do you think is a good way to handle this variation?

Here's a thought. The forum for B&W, still life, and experimental has threads that don't exactly fall within any of those three categories. Rather, each has a theme, such as orange, minimal, and patterns. How about including "thematic" in that forum name and putting this thread there?

This thread is meant for images that convey a feeling of loneliness. Whether this is achieved by a vast empty space, devoid of people or by a pic of a person in isolation, is irrelevant. Both can give us a feeling of being utterly alone. And as this is a human emotion/perception, the People forum is the best place for it.

This thread existed in a People forum for many years on POTN too. We will not move it.

I don't disagree with you. I can post post food pictures in the people forum because it makes people feel hungry :p

Perhaps this needs to be addressed again. Give it some time for us to figure this out.

Do we have a “Shots that make you feel hungry” thread - for the food bloggers? If not we definitely should :)

We have a dedicated Food forum.

Ah, true. This was a bit tongue-in-cheek though since i’m not a big fan of ppl who whip out their phones every time something is sent to the table :-( some of them even spend time arranging the food in their quest to get the perfect composition. Those are the shots that really make me hungry. Lol

Let's get back on track...

i-z9DLXW4-X3.jpg

Although this horse is not alone, only separated from the herd by a few meters, I can't help but feel an overwhelming feeling of loneliness as the background fades into cold and emptiness.

View attachment 39100
It's not just the background. The horse's posture seems despondent and contributes to the "alone" impression.

Interesting vista, Lester. Reminiscent more of the American West than the UK. Where is this located?
Is in the Exmoor national park, SW of UK.
It is not a huge area.

The cattle are awkward buggers, stand in the middle of the road, honk, flash the lights, rev engine, not a sausage. Had to get out of the car and walk towards them shouting and waving my arms to get them to move.

Back
Top Bottom