Fuji Users Unite - Post your comments, questions and images here

bought a new xh2s. its soooo different than the xh1 in terms of button layout. not that i didn't know that already. too busy a day to take it out, hopefully tomorrow. in the mean time here's the first cat picture with it.

this is monster. yes, thats his name. he earned it way before he was adopted.

** not camera related, but this sooc jpeg looks way differnet on my desk top monitor than it does on the laptop i'm using right now. hope its the laptop that is off, not my monitor. loved the way nostalgic neg looked on monitor, on laptop it looks different. not bad, just not as special (as far as what film sims do).

DSCF0008-2 by Randall Herrera, on Flickr

bought a new xh2s. its soooo different than the xh1 in terms of button layout. not that i didn't know that already. too busy a day to take it out, hopefully tomorrow. in the mean time here's the first cat picture with it.

this is monster. yes, thats his name. he earned it way before he was adopted.

** not camera related, but this sooc jpeg looks way differnet on my desk top monitor than it does on the laptop i'm using right now. hope its the laptop that is off, not my monitor. loved the way nostalgic neg looked on monitor, on laptop it looks different. not bad, just not as special (as far as what film sims do).

DSCF0008-2 by Randall Herrera, on Flickr
Take a photo of a color checker card and look at it on each monitor, then you can easily adjust by eye. Did that for my TV and it worked out good. (I can send you an image of one if you need).

What screen do you have and what laptop?

In Rome at the moment. I brought my X-T4 and 18/2 with me to capture the life I see about but the colour and weather is so nice the iPhone is doing a good job too. Importing some of today’s snaps, mostly family and buildings, into Capture One Mobile on my iPad but only brought the supplied apple USBc cable with me, forgot that its speed is 480mbps. So sloooooow.
So here’s an iPhone shot of my view today. So many good views. 06899507-F972-4FB7-BD35-86E4CAFC8303.jpeg

The Fujifilm X Summit is coming up next month.

In Rome at the moment. I brought my X-T4 and 18/2 with me to capture the life I see about but the colour and weather is so nice the iPhone is doing a good job too. Importing some of today’s snaps, mostly family and buildings, into Capture One Mobile on my iPad but only brought the supplied apple USBc cable with me, forgot that its speed is 480mbps. So sloooooow.
So here’s an iPhone shot of my view today. So many good views. View attachment 62537
My wife is in Italy as we speak, and took the X100VI with her. She says the weather last week was perfect, but this week it's rainy and cloudy. Too bad for her, I guess :(

Not sure if the X-T4 has this capability, but you can change the wireless freq from 2.4 to 5G, and it doubles the transfer speed (if using the X App). It's under Network/USB Setting > Bluetooth/Smartphone Setting > Wireless Com. Frequency Setting (page 2/2). Make a HUGE difference in transferring files.

While wife is in Italy for 8 days, I'm on Dad duty. True test of my sanity, but aside from some sibling bickering, things have been sweet.
X-T5untitled_20240422_30.jpg
X-T5untitled_20240420_17.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
My wife is in Italy as we speak, and took the X100VI with her. She says the weather last week was perfect, but this week it's rainy and cloudy. Too bad for her, I guess :(

Not sure if the X-T4 has this capability, but you can change the wireless freq from 2.4 to 5G, and it doubles the transfer speed (if using the X App). It's under Network/USB Setting > Bluetooth/Smartphone Setting > Wireless Com. Frequency Setting (page 2/2). Make a HUGE difference in transferring files.

While wife is in Italy for 8 days, I'm on Dad duty. True test of my sanity, but aside from some sibling bickering, things have been sweet.

No such setting the in X-T4 or rather annoyingly the GFX100s. Only the newer cameras have that function. I've asked Tether Tools to re -ook at making their AirDirect Wireless transmitter with WiFi 7 Tech and to include a dongle to match, then real Rx/Tx for tethering cable free - will see.
I gave up on 2.4G for photos as it's just far to slow, 5G sounds like it's a lot better, now I attach a cable and import direct to Capture One mobile which sends the raw files home, via the cloud, overnight (if I'm away). If home then I just locally transfer the session. This is great for my use case, plus I don't have to give Google constant always on tracking of my phone just to use Fujis crappy app. One step forward, one back.
Hope you missis enjoys the time in Italy, it was warm and sunny most of every day, rained a little bit going home on late Sat. I really did forgot just how much old culture there is about the city, everywhere you look buildings from he 16 century being lived in and used, plus all that really good food at such cheap prices...
This is a local place near our apartment, dinner for the four of us - we did the same in Aarhus, Denmark last year and the bill was almost four times that!tempImageankjyh.jpg

No such setting the in X-T4 or rather annoyingly the GFX100s. Only the newer cameras have that function. I've asked Tether Tools to re -ook at making their AirDirect Wireless transmitter with WiFi 7 Tech and to include a dongle to match, then real Rx/Tx for tethering cable free - will see.
I gave up on 2.4G for photos as it's just far to slow, 5G sounds like it's a lot better, now I attach a cable and import direct to Capture One mobile which sends the raw files home, via the cloud, overnight (if I'm away). If home then I just locally transfer the session. This is great for my use case, plus I don't have to give Google constant always on tracking of my phone just to use Fujis crappy app. One step forward, one back.
Hope you missis enjoys the time in Italy, it was warm and sunny most of every day, rained a little bit going home on late Sat. I really did forgot just how much old culture there is about the city, everywhere you look buildings from he 16 century being lived in and used, plus all that really good food at such cheap prices...
This is a local place near our apartment, dinner for the four of us - we did the same in Aarhus, Denmark last year and the bill was almost four times that!View attachment 63670
She's talking about how amazing the food is there, and I'm admittedly jealous, even more so if that's what it costs! Rome is a lovely city, and I hope to make it back there someday myself.

Reactions: Kim
Food is really good, hard to find a bad spot to eat for sure. Abruzzi is good for traditional (no pizza) if you are walking between tourist spots.

The boy today during his advanced cadet black belt test, his nerves got to him a bit to much but Ed simply walked over to him put an arm around his shoulder and told him he was doing great, then said he’d be his training partner and did the next few moves with him. A lot to admire when a teacher has that attitude. The boy passed.
CVpxFGg-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

Anyone own or ever shoot with the 60 2.4? I’m thinking of completing set of the original trio lenses. I love both the 18 f2 and 35 1.4, and am thinking that since those two lenses pique my fancy, the 60 should feel right at home. Thoughts?

Reactions: Kim
I often wondered how much I’d like that 60mm as, like you, I really get on well with the other two lenses from the OG set.

Getting to shoot a body builder today, at the location the ceilings are quite low as having to flex my head muscle a bit on this.

Ended up bouncing two speedlights into the roof, both zoomed in a bit to make focused spots - kinds like using the ceiling as a modifier. Not ideal but working with what I had as is sometimes the case, including a large window and lots of roof lights.

Here's one. ( I should add that his bronzer was half washed off after his competition from yesterday).Dawid Pose 1.jpg

Last edited:
Shot a wedding for a friend yesterday, they wanted to document the day but also really wanted a slightly stylised set of just them so I had to say yes of course. Lit by one AD200 bounced in just right by my assistant..
Tiny bit of colour correction left to do,
GFXK3201.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom