Leica Lovers Anonymous 2

Thank you. I had no idea. But now that you pointed it out, it kinda makes sense.

I shot 35mm almost exclusively for 7 years before switching to the 28mm on the Q, and I'm having a really difficult time with it. Does anyone have any tips or links or anything to help me out? I don't know if it is because I'm not in a city setting anymore or what, but I have never had such a difficult time with framing before... It's really frustrating me! Haha, thanks.

53674380894_fcdf0817c3_h.jpg

I shot 35mm almost exclusively for 7 years before switching to the 28mm on the Q, and I'm having a really difficult time with it. Does anyone have any tips or links or anything to help me out? I don't know if it is because I'm not in a city setting anymore or what, but I have never had such a difficult time with framing before... It's really frustrating me! Haha, thanks.

View attachment 63992
I can see how that could happen after shooting 35mm for 7 years. I don't have a solution for you, but I know of photographers who "see" best at different focal lengths. I have 28mm & 35mm lenses for my Leica, but I'm most comfortable at 50mm. I suspect that comes from 20+ years of shooting 50mm film SLR's when I began my photography hobby.

I have a feeling it's just going to take time. I really didn't expect the difference between the two focal lengths to be as significant as it is. Thanks for the response!

Next 3 months will be a challenge for me trying to get anything even half decent shot as I'll be off work spending full days with this little 1-year-old toddler.

1000019207.jpg

Leica is allegedly working on a hybrid viewfinder on the rumored M12, possibly also moving the ISO dial and other buttons from the back of the camera.

Personally I really dislike the idea of putting in a hybrid viewfinder, though I can get why they would go for it to appeal to general audience (I'm just turned off by EVFs in general). But the idea of moving towards touch screen interface at the cost of physical dials is nothing short of a bad idea.

Good thing is I'll still have at least a few years to get me the M11M.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom