Need a thumbs-up for the 'Like' function!

But we've had the thumbs up icon as the Like function on the bottom of each post for several months now. Are we talking about the mobile version needing the thumbs?

I just switched over to my phone and there is also a thumbs up icon for Like there as well. What we don’t have on mobile are the other 5 emoji responses visible as a choice.

• Haha
Reactions: pcs
Press and hold on your phone and they appear, at least on my samsung. Just gave you a laughing like from my phone.

Press and hold on your phone and they appear, at least on my samsung. Just gave you a laughing like from my phone.

So they do! But the text edit tabs are a nuisance do deal with and they pop up at the same time. I hate those things.

They may be on mobile devices, but they're conspicuously absent with desktop devices.
I've never been here with a mobile device, so my only context is from a desktop/laptop,
not of an Apple or mobile-device origin.

Glad you're not seeing them. I get the blue edit things with the handles when I press down on the like icon. iPhone.
I don't see anything that fits that description. Laptop here. Where do these blue things appear, and why press an icon longer or harder than it takes to click or tap?

I don't see anything that fits that description. Laptop here. Where do these blue things appear, and why press an icon longer or harder than it takes to click or tap?
Long press on the iPhone Like in FoP displays the 6 choices of Likes, just as hovering over the same icon on a desktop/laptop. When finger is let up, the blue text edit handles appear. I have tried doing an iPhone screenshot, and they don't show up in the resulting photo.

David.. are you seeing “Copy Search with Google Google Translate …etc”?

I can get that if I hold the “Like” for a bit and then let up in Chrome. Haven’t tried it elsewhere

Glad you're not seeing them. I get the blue edit things with the handles when I press down on the like icon. iPhone.
Those are just an indication of having selected something. Which is what happens if you press something on a touch screen.

What you want to do on a iPhone or iPad is touch the Like button lightly and for just a moment and the smiley quick menu will appear.

Long press on the iPhone Like in FoP displays the 6 choices of Likes, just as hovering over the same icon on a desktop/laptop. When finger is let up, the blue text edit handles appear. I have tried doing an iPhone screenshot, and they don't show up in the resulting photo.
This is what it looks like. You have pressed the Like button too long, too hard and have therefore selected the Like text.

IMG_2544.jpeg

They may be on mobile devices, but they're conspicuously absent with desktop devices.
I've never been here with a mobile device, so my only context is from a desktop/laptop,
not of an Apple or mobile-device origin.

What is it that is missing for you, exactly?

I use a desktop and I have this selection, bottom right...

1714307402722.png

They pop up when I hover the cursor over the Like icon.

Well, it mostly just looks like a blue dot to me.
I think the yellow hand is more recognizable at a glance.

Back
Top Bottom