Neutral density filters

BuildsBy Baz

Let the photons flow!
Name
Baz
Image Editing
No
Hey there all!

I'M looking for an appropriate filter holder to fit on my Sigma 10-20mm wide angle lens.

The cokin one with adaptor ring and slide in rectangular filters looks the best.

I used to have a Canon 16-35 with the same rig on it with graduated ND filters and it worked a treat.

The problem I'm having online is finding stuff that's compatible. Many of the specifications don't make it clear if the filters themselves will fit in the holder.

Can anyone help sort me out please?

Baz.

Last edited:
Hi Baz,

I'm not sure if you are lookin at the Colkin brand but since you mentioned it I will use it as an example.
Sigma shows the 10-20mm to be a 82mm thread, which means you should have a Z or X style colkin holder with the appropriate ring adapter.

links are just for example purpose, not a recommendation.
Standard size 100x100 filter, which is the Colkin Z-pro series.
Ring adapter

1701312382227.png

Lens Focal Length Compatibility:
  • P-series - 24mm and up
  • Z-pro series - 18mm and up
  • X-pro series - 14mm and up
Adapter Ring Compatibility:
  • P-series - 49mm-62mm
  • Z-pro series - 52mm-95mm
  • X-pro series - 62mm-112mm
I use Lee filters and it's about the same. I hear haitech are good, light color cast and good pricing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks mate!
Hi Baz,

I'm not sure if you are lookin at the Colkin brand but since you mentioned it I will use it as an example.
Sigma shows the 10-20mm to be a 82mm thread, which means you should have a Z or X style colkin holder with the appropriate ring adapter.

links are just for example purpose, not a recommendation.
Standard size 100x100 filter, which is the Colkin Z-pro series.
Ring adapter

View attachment 4077

Lens Focal Length Compatibility:
  • P-series - 24mm and up
  • Z-pro series - 18mm and up
  • X-pro series - 14mm and up
Adapter Ring Compatibility:
  • P-series - 49mm-62mm
  • Z-pro series - 52mm-95mm
  • X-pro series - 62mm-112mm
I use Lee filters and it's about the same. I hear haitech are good, light color cast and good pricing.

Hope this helps.

You might want to consider look at LEE filters, or better yet Breakthrough Photography filters. The Breakthrough filters are more neutral in color cast. There are other companies as well, but these two are popular in addition to Cokin you mentioned.

I have the P series Cokin filters. On my widest lens (a 24mm) I get vignetting. Here is an example. I wound up getting some screw-on CP filters to get around this and just use the Cokins on longer lenses.
full

I use the Lee filters. Somewhat bulky and cumbersome, but that’s my choice!

I use the NiSi filter system, couldn’t be happier with image quality, and service from company..
Just received my CPL for my 100-300, looking forward to try out..

Back
Top Bottom