Show Your Black and White Film Photos

I have been "into" photography since high school (won't say how long ago that was, but am now retired). My parents are still with us and I have been going through some old shots that I took in B&W to print and frame for them. I shot in B&W, mainly because I could not afford my own color darkroom at the house. Here is one that I scanned, cleaned up and enhanced some. It is my youngest brother (14 years younger) in what was then a 20 year old rocking chair. The chair is still in the family and is now pushing 60 or so. I think the film was Kodak, 400 ISO, but I am not sure of the exact type. Shot with my very first camera, a Canon AT-1.

View attachment 58757
Great photo!

I have been "into" photography since high school (won't say how long ago that was, but am now retired). My parents are still with us and I have been going through some old shots that I took in B&W to print and frame for them. I shot in B&W, mainly because I could not afford my own color darkroom at the house. Here is one that I scanned, cleaned up and enhanced some. It is my youngest brother (14 years younger) in what was then a 20 year old rocking chair. The chair is still in the family and is now pushing 60 or so. I think the film was Kodak, 400 ISO, but I am not sure of the exact type. Shot with my very first camera, a Canon AT-1.

View attachment 58757
i think everyone from the late 50s-early 60s had a rocking chair like that. ive got the ones my parents had for my brother, sister and i, and then had it still for my sister's kids and my daughter. i have it now

i think everyone from the late 50s-early 60s had a rocking chair like that. ive got the ones my parents had for my brother, sister and i, and then had it still for my sister's kids and my daughter. i have it now

I wouldn't doubt that. My parents purchased a full size rocker when I was an infant. It was painted and refinished by my father several times. I think it's mahogany. But now it sits in my house for my own grandchildren and grand nieces/nephews. Some things just never go out of style. It's still funny to watch old movies of me being rocked in it by my mother when I was an infant.

4x5 on Tmax 100
shot with a 1955 Graflex Crown Graphic 127mm f4.7 lens
shutter speed 1/200 (i think) @ f8
scanned on atop of a softbox with 6 more layers of diffusion (still have artifacts from the wrinkles and material)
then tone curve reversed in LrC

my shooting buddies
and another shooting buddy with his M1 Garand

9W4A0027-2.jpg9W4A0028.jpg

From my second roll of b/w film (first solo developed). Scratches were probably my fault, which I didn't edit out. I like the old time look of this one. Taken 5/11/2024. Shaw Butte trail in Phoenix, AZ.
MInolta X700, scanned with a Sony a6400 using a VALOI Easy35.

01ShawButte.jpg

Back
Top Bottom