Sony Lounge Thread GM-CR MK IV-A

Just picked up an A7rV on Thursday, can't wait to shoot with it, but the weather has been crap! Hoping for some time over the weekend to get out and try it out, especially the focusing on birds.
My first impressions with the camera are very positive. AF is solid, ergonomics are slightly improved (over 3rd generation at least), and the rear LCD is the best I've ever used.

My first impressions with the camera are very positive. AF is solid, ergonomics are slightly improved (over 3rd generation at least), and the rear LCD is the best I've ever used.
yes, same here. I"ve not touched my a7iii since I got it. Getting used to deleting a lot more files from my computer as they eat hdd space. I tried my Canon mount Sigma 105mm macro on the MC-11 and it won't work at all. Won't fire the shutter :( Will try again today. Very happy with the detail in the shots though and the auto focus is just great

Fighting an 80% setting moon behind & a load of light pollution in the shooting direction......

*** by Lee, on Flickr
Really nice Lee, looks like it was worth the late night! Light pollution is always tough to manage - looks like you extracted a decent amount of detail all things considered!

Hola good people...hope you are all doing well. I had a few free minutes tonight and just thought I would pop in and say hi...I am battling a new round of GAS that has me considering selling off all my gear and going digital medium format. I am closing down my photography business, I am no longer going to take paid work and projects...the last year has been a real mess and I am going to get photography back to my creative outlet that gives me so much stress relief...I start a new job in 2 weeks, and will have a lot more stability and my weekends might actually get to be used for something that I want to do again. I know I will be unloading the FX3 and the a9 for sure. The A1 that went swimming will never go anywhere, I can't trust it enough to sell it...so it might be the only thing that stays behind. It still produces images, over 30K since it went swimming...probably more than that, I shot 16K with it a couple weekends ago at a track gig. Anyway...hi yall...MSM-JTI-NCM-APR24_04855.jpg

Hola good people...hope you are all doing well. I had a few free minutes tonight and just thought I would pop in and say hi...I am battling a new round of GAS that has me considering selling off all my gear and going digital medium format. I am closing down my photography business, I am no longer going to take paid work and projects...the last year has been a real mess and I am going to get photography back to my creative outlet that gives me so much stress relief...I start a new job in 2 weeks, and will have a lot more stability and my weekends might actually get to be used for something that I want to do again. I know I will be unloading the FX3 and the a9 for sure. The A1 that went swimming will never go anywhere, I can't trust it enough to sell it...so it might be the only thing that stays behind. It still produces images, over 30K since it went swimming...probably more than that, I shot 16K with it a couple weekends ago at a track gig. Anyway...hi yall...View attachment 64988
Congrats on the new job Travis!

Often for many (I’m one of them) doing something as work reduces the fun of it which is why I like having a boring day job and keeping photography as my way to escape and de-stress so hopefully you’ll have that soon too!

Great image too btw!

Congrats on the new job Travis!

Often for many (I’m one of them) doing something as work reduces the fun of it which is why I like having a boring day job and keeping photography as my way to escape and de-stress so hopefully you’ll have that soon too!

Great image too btw!
My photography business has always been a sig gig, one that I was building trying to make it be my full time job. The firm I work for is closing in the next two years, so they have stopped taking new work to try to finish out the projects they have started, and it isn't enough to sustain keeping me on. So I had to make decisions, and it came down to not wanting to ruin what photography is for me. So I found a new job, and am getting back to basics in photography and I am really happy about all of that. I likely won't sell all my gear, I have been watching too many videos about the two ecosystems I am looking at and neither seem to be as perfect as two A1's....I have not been out on a photography adventure since January...and only really went on two trips last year...its been a really rough couple of years. Ready to get back to more weekends with a camera.

Hola good people...hope you are all doing well. I had a few free minutes tonight and just thought I would pop in and say hi...I am battling a new round of GAS that has me considering selling off all my gear and going digital medium format. I am closing down my photography business, I am no longer going to take paid work and projects...the last year has been a real mess and I am going to get photography back to my creative outlet that gives me so much stress relief...I start a new job in 2 weeks, and will have a lot more stability and my weekends might actually get to be used for something that I want to do again. I know I will be unloading the FX3 and the a9 for sure. The A1 that went swimming will never go anywhere, I can't trust it enough to sell it...so it might be the only thing that stays behind. It still produces images, over 30K since it went swimming...probably more than that, I shot 16K with it a couple weekends ago at a track gig. Anyway...hi yall...View attachment 64988
Really cool shot Travis!! I love that you're going to make photography fun again. I've had serious thoughts of doing professional photography in the past, but I could sense that it would rip the fun out of it and just make photography a stress-maker instead of a stress-reliever.

OTOH, I hate that you're going medium format (away from Sony) because it means we'll see you even less around here. :) Seriously though, digital medium format is truly special and I look at a lot of images in the Fuji GFX threads and groups on Flickr and FM and am always in awe of the image quality. So, that will be an awesome move - especially for you!

I hope your new job turns out the way you're hoping it will...best wishes to you on that.

My photography business has always been a sig gig, one that I was building trying to make it be my full time job. The firm I work for is closing in the next two years, so they have stopped taking new work to try to finish out the projects they have started, and it isn't enough to sustain keeping me on. So I had to make decisions, and it came down to not wanting to ruin what photography is for me. So I found a new job, and am getting back to basics in photography and I am really happy about all of that. I likely won't sell all my gear, I have been watching too many videos about the two ecosystems I am looking at and neither seem to be as perfect as two A1's....I have not been out on a photography adventure since January...and only really went on two trips last year...its been a really rough couple of years. Ready to get back to more weekends with a camera.

Fuji MF is for girls anyway Travis...... You don't want that ;) Stick with us Full Frame peasants :)

On a serious note though, hope it all works out as you've planned mate :) I've been taking some images myself, but not really had any big adventures & dedicated trips this year yet - waiting for clear night skies for that. Plenty of plans, just need he weather to play ball!

Back
Top Bottom