What are your photographic goals for 2024?

This year, I'm going to what is known as 'Constable Country' to photograph the scenes that John Constable used in his famous paintings in and around Flatford Mill and Dedham Vale.
We have had to choose our dates very carefully, as during the summer the place is swarming with tourists.

Then I'm going to concentrate on wildlife photography.

This year, I'm going to what is known as 'Constable Country' to photograph the scenes that John Constable used in his famous paintings in and around Flatford Mill and Dedham Vale.
We have had to choose our dates very carefully, as during the summer the place is swarming with tourists.

Then I'm going to concentrate on wildlife photography.
Bravo, this I want to see. John Constable is of course legendary for his landscapes. Would love to see your captures of his iconic scenes!

When you look on Google Maps, the meadow alongside the river featured in 'The Haywain' had about 2000 people milling about. So it seems we'll have some very early starts to avoid the crowds.

That said, I'm really looking forward to the trip.

If that proves a Ded(ham) end, pop down to Hove where Constable painted my local (few minutes walk) windmill.

Mainly I am digitizing a huge whack of old negs and some inherited slides. The into DropBox slideshows. The best of the best into 8x11 or 11x17 presentation books.
Monumental but I'm trying to give it an hour or two a day.

If nothing else it has me leaving the cameras in the case unless I see something that really grabs me. No sense adding at one end as you shovel at the other.

Mainly I am digitizing a huge whack of old negs and some inherited slides. The into DropBox slideshows. The best of the best into 8x11 or 11x17 presentation books.
Monumental but I'm trying to give it an hour or two a day.

If nothing else it has me leaving the cameras in the case unless I see something that really grabs me. No sense adding at one end as you shovel at the other.
This. I am planning to retire in a year or two. I have a lot of photos from my granddad and dad that I need to digitize and hundreds of reel to reel tapes and old 78s that I need to turn into mp3s. Probably will keep me busy for the next decade!

I just want to get more shots that I am proud of - good photographs rather than just 'snaps'
I just looked at your media, John.
You can those plane shots "snaps"?

Cracking "snaps" if ever I've seen one, mate!
šŸ¤©šŸ‘šŸ‘

I'm looking forwards to seeing what you do next.

Cheers for now,
Simon

Make sure to share them here! ;)
Keep the eyes open, Sam (although I know you are a busy chap). There have been a few posted.
I just looked at your media, John.
You can those plane shots "snaps"?

Cracking "snaps" if ever I've seen one, mate!
šŸ¤©šŸ‘šŸ‘

I'm looking forwards to seeing what you do next.

Cheers for now,
Simon

Hey Simon - the plane shots were taken a long time ago. I have aged a lot since then and my hand isn't as steady on the camera as it once was. Thank goodness for IS :)

More of a landscape snapper these days as those images don't move (y)

I have posted a few recent pics on this forum - mainly in the Worldwide Photo Week threads.

Keep the eyes open, Sam (although I know you are a busy chap). There have been a few posted.

Hey Simon - the plane shots were taken a long time ago. I have aged a lot since then and my hand isn't as steady on the camera as it once was. Thank goodness for IS :)

More of a landscape snapper these days as those images don't move (y)

I have posted a few recent pics on this forum - mainly in the Worldwide Photo Week threads.
There are a couple of recents here

Looks like I need to head over to Oregon this year and photograph peopleā€™s gardens and farms before they are all gone.:cry:

I would like to pick Iā€™m the camera more and just shoot more often regardless of what camera I have on hand.

Time for an update, because I dropped into a local camera shop, wondering how close OM Systems is to releasing the OM-5 mk2...

The on/off switch on my Olympus OM-D EM-5 mk2 isn't reliable anymore. The tilt-screen flips to upside-down whenever it feels like it. And Olympus/OM Systems said it's not worth repairing.

So, I had a play with the OM-5 (mk1), and was really impressed...
...and back-to-back, I played with the new OM-1 mk2 which was next to it.
Fantastic šŸ¤©
But pricey šŸ˜³

No release date on the OM-5 mk2 yet, but I'm confident that any/all goals that I may have in 2024 will easily be met by the "gear".

That all seems a bit gear related.
But my point is, that apart from incredibly niche forms of photography, all that's holding us back nowadays is our imagination (and physical health).

To me, more than ever before, I'm interested in the photographer.
Not the subject.
Not the camera brand, lens type or settings.

Waaaaaay up among my favourite members of FoP is John (fotoi):
pretty much every photo he uploads takes my breath away.

So my "photographic" goal from now on, is to be closer in spirit (for want of a better word) to the living, breathing, eating, sleeping people who are lighting up our lives with wonderful images from around the world.

Cheers for now,
Simon

I have a lot of vintage lenses that I want to use more this year. I am, truth be told, getting a little bored with wildlife - not because it's boring, but my dearest friend with whom I competed, in a fun way, has passed, and I've lost my enthusiasm without her to egg me on all the time. So I'm looking for a new direction, mostly macro, to explore artistic avenues. I just purchased the Brightin Star 35 f0.95, which looks to be a fun lens. So we'll see. I'm constantly awaiting the perfect lighting conditions with those lenses though.

Goals?
That's a nonsensical question when posed to amateurs like me.

Goals for myself?
I'd like to have more 'keepers' and improve my skills.
I'd like to have more family and friends liking my photographs and talking about them.
I'd like to have a broader audience commenting on and enjoying my photographs.

And I'd like to be more universally-liked by my workmates at my workplace,
but because so many of them are foolish trolls, it's an insurmountable level to achieve.

Back
Top Bottom