What kind of Wildlife Photographer Are "YOU"? Post your favorite photos

One of my favourite safari pics. On a cold morning in Kenya a few years ago we sat and watched this female leopard sitting in the tree for ages while she waited for a hyena to move off, when she finally climbed down she lined up with the tree perfectly and I got lucky with the photo. Was chatting to the guide afterwards and he was pretty confident which way she'd be leaving the tree so had parked there deliberately...

MT7D5340.jpg

Piet, I have most of a day in Johannesburg ( and 1 overnight). Is there something I should go & see that won’t take more than about 4 hours? My flight gets in around 10 am and I am there at the airport hotel until 0700 the next morning.
It depends on what you are interested in. Taking into account where you are heading, the wildlife within an hour's drive from here will not be worth it. There's a lot of political/historic places to see around Joburg and Pretoria, but it may not be what you are into either. Museums? Zoos? If you send me a PM with of specific interests I will be able to suggest something.

Piet, I have most of a day in Johannesburg ( and 1 overnight). Is there something I should go & see that won’t take more than about 4 hours? My flight gets in around 10 am and I am there at the airport hotel until 0700 the next morning.
I've spent some time in Jo'burg and now try and avoid it - I've never felt so unsafe anywhere I've been and would be very concerned about driving myself around or spending time outside of 'nice' malls or hotels. The one place I'd recommend is the apartheid museum, a great way of learning more about the history and helping understand some of the tensions in South Africa.

I've spent some time in Jo'burg and now try and avoid it - I've never felt so unsafe anywhere I've been and would be very concerned about driving myself around or spending time outside of 'nice' malls or hotels. The one place I'd recommend is the apartheid museum, a great way of learning more about the history and helping understand some of the tensions in South Africa.
@mike.cambridge, it is not all that bad. I agree that there are places I visited 20 years ago that I will not go to anymore, but @Maureen Souza can take the Gautrain from the airport to Sandton to have a nice lunch, and never feel unsafe (in comparison to walking among elephants in any case :) )

It depends on what you are interested in. Taking into account where you are heading, the wildlife within an hour's drive from here will not be worth it. There's a lot of political/historic places to see around Joburg and Pretoria, but it may not be what you are into either. Museums? Zoos? If you send me a PM with of specific interests I will be able to suggest something.
I have decided on a tour of Soweta and have it booked.

Five days until I am off for Africa. This trip has been in the saving & planning stages for a couple of years…I can’t believe it is almost here! So much to get done plus packing restrictions are going to keep me from taking my laptop & external hard drive. Disappointing but I have a weight allowance that must be adhered to. I have inquired to the bush flight folks if I can pay for 10 additional pounds but I have yet to hear back…..

Five days until I am off for Africa. This trip has been in the saving & planning stages for a couple of years…I can’t believe it is almost here! So much to get done plus packing restrictions are going to keep me from taking my laptop & external hard drive. Disappointing but I have a weight allowance that must be adhered to. I have inquired to the bush flight folks if I can pay for 10 additional pounds but I have yet to hear back…..

Maureen, have a very beautiful trip in Africa. I'm looking forward to your photos, take enough memory cards and batteries. Good luck.

Very exciting, Maureen. Just five days! I will be thinking of you and can’t wait for your pics!

Have a wonderful trip. Be safe! ;love;

Have a great trip, Maureen. You have earned it!

I was photographing the wild horses of Lower Salt River, Arizona, when I noticed a colt in a group of older horses. He looked forlorn and bewildered, until he spotted an older mare about 100 yards away. They came together and it was obviously a "Mother and Child Reunion".0968 Lower Salt River, AZ.jpg0967 Lower Salt River, AZ.jpg

I was photographing the wild horses of Lower Salt River, Arizona, when I noticed a colt in a group of older horses. He looked forlorn and bewildered, until he spotted an older mare about 100 yards away. They came together and it was obviously a "Mother and Child Reunion".View attachment 68096View attachment 68097
That 2nd shot is a wall hanger, Stan. My horse loving grandson would go ape for it.

That 2nd shot is a wall hanger, Stan. My horse loving grandson would go ape for it.
Thanks, Maureen. I agree, it already hangs on one of my walls. I would be pleased to send you the image I had printed so you could gift your grandson. Mine is on canvas.

Back
Top Bottom