One of my faves from last year.......

DSC07558--2023-05-25--12 by Sid Simmons, on Flickr
I'm not surprised it's a favourite, Sid. It's a great shot!

Zwartkop meeuw/mediterranean gull, looks like kokmeeuw/black-headed gull but rarer(and again the confusing name difference in dutch/english like koolmees/great tit vs zwarte mees/coal tit):
View attachment 65387View attachment 65388
Nice catch, Patrick. I see them here on occasion too. Not often, but they're here.
It's always nice to see a less common gull. Like the Common gull (Stormmeeuw) :giggle:. No, seriously. It's not that common despite its English name. But that gull you can spot from a mile away.

It's so nice that with all the sport shooting you do, you still manage to shoot birds, Jan. And post them here!
The little egret is a really nice catch. It's amazing how skittish these birds are.

Time for a European great spotted woodpecker, I think. I particularly like the last one.

View attachment 65396

View attachment 65398
Nice ones, Ed. I often hear them but rarely manage to shoot them.

One time, many years ago, I had the perfect opportunity. I had a new camera, the 1DIIn. On my way home after one of my first outings with it, a Great spotted woodpecker lands smack, on a tree right in front of me, a few meters away. And sat there for a little while too. And I couldn't shoot it because I had emptied the battery and didn't have a spare yet. It's one of those lost opportunities that stay with you.

First thing I did when I came home was purchase another battery.

I'm not shooting much at the moment, except an occasional shot out of the window. I don't know if I can make it to Waterland again this year. But these guys, House Martins, I can shoot in the city, not far from where I live. I hope you don't mind that I'm posting one from last year.

20230513_FF2A0921_021.jpg

I think the shutter has fired just as the bird's nictitating membrane is half way across the eye. I've noticed it a few times among my shots.
Yes that's it, I know, seen it multiple times but like I wrote, it looks almost like dozing/falling asleep:sleep:;)

Hi Levina,

I thought you said you didn't like post processing, :Huh: {quote "I hate processing! I do."} :laugh; that must of taken ages to produce, super image.
LOL I did say that, didn't I? And it's true. But this is just playing and having a bit of fun, see? That's totally different! :laugh2: ;whistle;

Zwartkop meeuw/mediterranean gull, looks like kokmeeuw/black-headed gull but rarer(and again the confusing name difference in dutch/english like koolmees/great tit vs zwarte mees/coal tit):
View attachment 65387View attachment 65388
Yes, the Mediterranean gull with the black head not to be confused with the black headed gull which has a brown head :wat::shrug::Huh: :laugh2:

I'm not shooting much at the moment, except an occasional shot out of the window. I don't know if I can make it to Waterland again this year. But these guys, House Martins, I can shoot in the city, not far from where I live. I hope you don't mind that I'm posting one from last year.

View attachment 65476
Both this and the composite are great, I haven't seen any house martins here for 4 years, don't think they're coming back!

Back
Top Bottom