Show Your Color film photo

I took the Pentax 645 w/ 75mm out today, with a roll of Portra 400. Got home and developed / scanned it and these are a few of my favs from the roll.

Tree in the neighborhood :
53501741618_a15b5085be_h.jpg

Lunch Stop :
53501746073_74a6c11e36_h.jpg

Walk in a park :
53501898069_422604d8fc_h.jpg

Inquisitive feathered friend :
53502014140_5299b036f6_h.jpg

I think tomorrow I am going to pack up my 4x5 LF camera and take it out for the second time since I bought it recently, so we will see how that goes.

So, even though I have never been a portrait shooter, for some reason in the late 80's I decided to see if I could set up a home studio. With homemade difusers, industrial lights, one speedlite and a Pentax 6 x 7 I did manage to try a few before we ended up moving and had to tear it down. This of my wife's cousin has always been a favorite..View attachment 33513
That's an enchanting portrait, I love the pose.

Ah the Pentax 6x7, I was just too slow to pick up a cheap seconds hand one + Std lens back in the day. Sigh!

That's an enchanting portrait, I love the pose.

Ah the Pentax 6x7, I was just too slow to pick up a cheap seconds hand one + Std lens back in the day. Sigh!
Thanks, I picked mine up used in the 80's and a 165mm lens. Still cost me over 1000.00. Adorama too it off my hands for 200.00. I should have held out...lol

Recently embarked on a project to digitize a lot of old slides and even more color 35mm negs. This was shot more than 30 years ago, near the put-in for the Salt River. White Mountain Apache Reserve, AZ. It had been snowing about 20 minutes before I took this shot.
Nothing exotic about the gear; Nikormat FTN with Tamron 28-75mm glass.
Shot on Ektar, I think it was rated ASA 125 but it would have been better to shoot it at 100 or 80. Used a Nikon Z50, 50mm macro and a Kodak LED light panel to do the copying.
5A_0001.jpg

Last edited:
1987 - Fujifilm in a Pentax of some sort (Scanned with a plustek negative scanner during the pandemic). No "burst of 100 photos and choose the best" - roll of 24. 2/3 were winners. :D

Montreal Fireworks Festival (1987) by Brian Hampson, on Flickr
Yeah, can't say I miss the film budget overheads and the reloading. Great capture and colur though. Not easy with film, was this the colour neg Fujifilm or slide (I think they did slide???)

Yeah, can't say I miss the film budget overheads and the reloading. Great capture and colur though. Not easy with film, was this the colour neg Fujifilm or slide (I think they did slide???)
Yeah - as a university student, I had access to a darkroom for B/W so did a LOT of that during the days. This was colour print film. I wasn't bougie enough to do slide :)

I seem to have been enamored with Ektar back in the early 1990s. Shot an entire 24 exposure roll in Rocky Mountain National Park mostly under cloudy skies. For the most part the results can be be described as; "Nothing to see here." But finally the sun came out and I was able to do something with a few frames including this one.
RMP90A_21_0529RN.jpg

Last edited:
Lol not sure what happened here I think the film itself might have had something to do with it. I used Vibe 800 which is a Cinestill knock off. It looks like we got scratches, weird light leaks or flares and lots of graininess. I wonder if the original film was subject to temp. swings or was really old. Perhaps the camera didn't read the DX code sticker correctly. Anyways enjoy hahaha.
View attachment 21992 View attachment 21993
Can you shoot the negs digitally and process them? Might be able to save them.

Can you shoot the negs digitally and process them? Might be able to save them.

No I don't have the setup to do that and honestly it wasn't a big enough of a problem for me to want to mess with them anymore.

Back
Top Bottom