Canon RF 24-240 f/4-6.3 IS USM discuss and post pictures

I had this in my list, but a comparison with my venerable EFS 18-200 shows that the 24-240 is sharper, but with oodles of Chromatic Aberration. You can see for yourselves for a number of focal lengths.

I am not sure whether to go for the RF 100-400 which appears to be a very good lens (in combination with my EF 24-70 L V2) or just use the EFS 18-200 and take the hit in megapixels...

I really like the 24-240, it's become my everyday lens on the R5 because it's so much easier to carry and so much less faff compared to the 24-70 and 70-200 2.8's. It's definitely not L quality and it's really hard to get decent separation of subject, but does a pretty good job in good light at both ends of the zoom.

The original files are awful for CA and distortion but the auto-fix in Lightroom works very well!

_IKE1438.jpg

B-1299.jpg

This lens is of interest to me - seems like it might make a nice travel lens.
It makes an outstanding travel lens. I travel 6 to 8 months a year and most times this is the only lens I take. Depending on my sight seeing plans I may take the 100-400 or the 14-35.

It makes an outstanding travel lens. I travel 6 to 8 months a year and most times this is the only lens I take. Depending on my sight seeing plans I may take the 100-400 or the 14-35.
That's great to know, Thomas - thank you for the feedback.

I think it will make a terrific family outing/vacation lens. May not even need a bag to carry.

The EOS R with 24-240, the 14-35L and the R7 with EF 100-400L II and EF 1.4x III are normally in my backpack. The situation determines whether the R or R7 stays in the car. Many times I take them both.

This lens is, at the moment, my most used lens. Last year I traveled overseas and my camera bag was too heavy with too many lenses for those 'I might need it' moments.

This year I watched some online (YouTube) videos and purchased it for another trip. I took the R5, the 24-240 and a wide lens (I think, maybe, the 14-35). I took over 4000 photos, 99% of them with this lens. I am really delighted with the range it covers.

A couple of pics have been put here.

This lens is, at the moment, my most used lens. Last year I traveled overseas and my camera bag was too heavy with too many lenses for those 'I might need it' moments.

This year I watched some online (YouTube) videos and purchased it for another trip. I took the R5, the 24-240 and a wide lens (I think, maybe, the 14-35). I took over 4000 photos, 99% of them with this lens. I am really delighted with the range it covers.

A couple of pics have been put here.
I think it is underrated. Glad you are enjoying it.

These Bald Cypress roots remind me of some crazy highway systems. Lake O' the Pines 2024

20240316-8711.jpg

Back
Top Bottom