I can no longer embed images. Has something changed?

DavidWatts

It makes me wanna cry!
Image Editing
No
The first 5 days were care free. Every method of placing photos up here worked well. I generally embed photos from Smugmug. I choose a photo, then Share Photo > Embed > Choose Size > JPG > Copy JPEG URL. Then paste it in a post in between [ i m g ] tags. That no longer works in ANY of the Photo Sharing threads. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Using BB Code also no longer works. Seems I'm locked out.

Nothing has changed at Smugmug with sharing settings. The ONLY way I can get photos up now is to download a photo from Smugmug onto my computer, then upload with the Upload Attach method, which are several more steps.

So I seem to be able to embed in People. Landscape didn't work with embed or BB code. Had the same issue with Cat in Natural Light - I had to attach.

More testing.

52497947999_2a1e14a67c_o.jpg

The first 5 days were care free. Every method of placing photos up here worked well. I generally embed photos from Smugmug. I choose a photo, then Share Photo > Embed > Choose Size > JPG > Copy JPEG URL. Then paste it in a post in between [ i m g ] tags. That no longer works in ANY of the Photo Sharing threads. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Using BB Code also no longer works. Seems I'm locked out.

Nothing has changed at Smugmug with sharing settings. The ONLY way I can get photos up now is to download a photo from Smugmug onto my computer, then upload with the Upload Attach method, which are several more steps.
Check the size.. I had trouble with SM last night…. It was the size
<1000 px might work

I’ll try in a short while …

No image sizes would work. 400, 600, 1200, 1600. Absolutely nothing.

"Bob" ;), your image didn't work above ^^^. Please try a test in Nature and Landscapes > Landscapes thread. I'll look in there in a few minutes.

No image sizes would work. 400, 600, 1200, 1600. Absolutely nothing.

"Bob" ;), your image didn't work above ^^^. Please try a test in Nature and Landscapes > Landscapes thread. I'll look in there in a few minutes.

Why not keep it here to figure it out..
I need a minute ….

What’s going on for you?
I see the image on the site.. I saw you had trouble earlier
I can see the image when viewed from my PC - just that anyone from external may not because it has to come thru the firewall to the webserver (which isn't particularly well set up at the moment)

Huh. In my own thread, Post Your Lighthouses, I could just now not embed a 428 x 1200 shot. But yesterday, I could when I created the thread. So it doesn't seem to be a problem with thread settings.

I can see the image when viewed from my PC - just that anyone from external may not because it has to come thru the firewall to the webserver (which isn't particularly well set up at the moment)

I could too, but only if I refreshed the page, then poof. Gone again. Your's, above, is still missing too.

Funny thing, a couple days ago, on POTN, I was boasting that I've tried everything to break our new forum build, and I couldn't. Seems I might have been premature stating that, as it doesn't seem to be only a "me" problem ATM. Hopefully it is just a server glitch.

Two nights ago, Smugmug was down for repairs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom