I can no longer embed images. Has something changed?

Screenshot_SM_Status.jpg

Smugmug is up. Image up, and then back down, just now. Last night I also had no joy in any embeds. Attach is the only thing that works.

It does seem to be a SmugMug niggle
I've had trouble since yesterday.

i-wkXRzfG-S.jpg

400x267

So, let's try this. I'm going to try to embed the same image(s) onto POTN. If it is a SM problem, then it won't work. If it works there, the problem is in FoP. Back in about 12 minutes. ⌚

i-ZhwTXPb-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Well it works a treat on POTN at the largest size..
It's perhaps a glitz between here and there .. yes/no?

It is FoP.

Works totally well at POTN.
Uploaded this just seconds ago...

Trying it here, same pic, same size, same embed method...
1600 x 1067px.

And yet, if I hit the EDIT button on this very post, it shows up, but just for me. It has been sent from SM to Fop just fine. It just won't resolve in the posts. So, what the heck?

i-ZhwTXPb-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Can you host the same image at say Flickr and link from there? I’m having no trouble linking images from Flickr, so is the problem unique to a combination of FoP and SmugMug is what I want to know.

I can try.. say flickr.. i think i have an account ..

So .. I've never done that before, because I don't use flickr.. but here it is
I do believe it is a problem between FoP and SmugMug

Flicker_MG_4663 by mewsician, on Flickr[/URL]

Thanks Sam.. it did start yesterday.. I had some trouble, but thought it wa just me.. user error
It does seem it is about SM

Too bad we can't have the SM Guru's test this here, as we are in alpha and they can't get in, at least, not without an invite. Er, then, they'll see me, and, um, I help run their forum over there. Ouch.

One last thing, I'll try to embed into the Vanilla forum there, which would be another angle at it. Maybe I'll post in this thread again tonight, or go to bed.

I'm going to come back to this in a day. I don't think anything will resolve tonight. Thanks, all.

my firewall is also got a problem - fine for images accessed internally, but broken for anyone from outside. Need to spend some time troubleshooting...

^ That's one report to SM above, but they probably won't respond to it in the help area of their own forum (really). They rely more on their interactions via email these days, unfortunately. Vanilla forum software doesn't do regular embeds without a plug-in, and we don't have that set up at DGrin. But the fact that BB code and Embed Image doesn't work ATM here is telling. Hey, does POTN take BB Code?

Another thing I just did was do a regular SM embed to the Tesla forums, which use Xenforo, same as us. And it worked easy-peasy. So this seems to be an odd one. Works here and there, but not everywhere.

Last edited:
In our private Admin/mod testing area at DGrin, I just had another admin post one of his images embedded. His works. Mine doesn't.

Joayne, are you registered at DGrin? If you are, maybe try posting something there? Hint: Try the HTML method.

Last edited:
Funny this, I just embedded a SM pic into the Bird Portraits thread, regular embed with image tags. Works. Won't work anywhere else in here that I've tried.

Joayne, is SM working for you now?

I just did two things above. The first was in SM copied the embed jpeg code, then opened the Insert Image tool top of text box here, clicked the Link tab, then Insert. Worked. I had never inserted an image here before with that method.

Second GBH image above was done with generic SM jpeg embed with the image tags. Perhaps as mod, you can click edit that post and inspect the code within? I can only see the images that way if I hit Edit.

I see both. Do you?

EDIT, AGAIN: I just posted another lighthouse shot in my thread, the regular embed [ i m g ] method, and it worked where before it didn't. Did something change on our end or maybe SM?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom