I can no longer embed images. Has something changed?

OK.. this is from SmugMug
🤷‍♀️

i-wkXRzfG-L.jpg

Even bigger...

i-wkXRzfG-X3.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed this, but doubt it could have any bearing on the inability to embed images...
http://

:http_1.jpg

well, if it is baaaaack, then this is a test. This is only a test....

Regular Embed with manually typed [ i m g ] tags

i-kzVCp5W-L.jpg

Seems to work right now. I have noticed that Smugmug hosted images, when I am on my account there, are somewhat lagging in loading (on Smugmug). Just a conjecture, but if they can't communicate with this forum software fast enough, then that might cause an image to fail, resulting in that Red Cross of Death icon. Again, I'm just guessing. I ain't no tech.

I also noticed that all your test images that failed last night (above), along with the failed images of mine, did eventually resolve with the intended pics. So something popped later that night. I guess we'll just watch this for a little longer and see if we notice a pattern of irregular behavior.

Last edited:
... I can see the images in both posts, Joayne, but the blades aren't spinning in either. o_O

Well it does seem to be no issue now...
Frustrating .. I hate intermittent errors 🤬

The second is from my desktop.. where I had the issue yesterday.
I've not used the iPad until tonight. I did reboot the desktop.. so too many variables to actually think it could be any one thing.

Thanks for the help! I appreciate you 🥰

One of my SM image fails resolved itself minutes later. I really think there might be an image delivery lag issue on the Smugmug side that causes this and a timeout looks like the Red X of Death until the pic pops up.

Well.. it took hours for me :rolleyes:
I cleaned out my cache and shut down and powered up a bit later.
Things were better after that.

Embedding issue is ongoing. I'm going to let my latest simmer a bit in the Show Us Your Cameras thread. The pic I embedded minutes before worked fine. Intermittent.

It seems like it is late afternoon here and early evening.
Higher usage/traffic possibly.

Try cleaning the cache

It seems like it is late afternoon here and early evening.
Higher usage/traffic possibly.

Try cleaning the cache

I'm not embedding or uploading from my computer. Embedding from Smugmug directly to FoP. Does clearing a cache on a Mac do anything to resolve the issue?

Back
Top Bottom